Tips To Keep Repair Services For Your Furnace In Geneva Running
It’s that time of year in Geneva where we are extra grateful for our furnaces and the warmth and comfort they provide to our homes. That being said, it is also that time of year where we want to be sure our furnace continues to function properly so we are not left without heat. Here are a few things you can do to ensure your furnace is working properly and will be able to continue to provide warmth all through the winter months.
Furnace Repair Service In Geneva
- Change the filter. This is one of the easiest ways you can provide routine maintenance for your furnace, and be sure that it is able to keep pumping out warm air. Unfortunately, many people forget or overlook this step. It is surprising how many times the furnace is not pushing out warm air and the problem is simply an old filter that is completely blocked. While this is an easy fix, it can cause bigger issues and problems for your furnace that are not so easy to fix. Changing out the filter is easy, and filters are very inexpensive, so be sure to stay on top of changing the filter – especially in the winter when your furnace is working overtime to keep your home warm.
- Make sure your thermostat is turned to ‘heat’ instead of ‘cool,’ and keep it set at a comfortable temperature. Constantly changing the temperature, or switching from heat to cool puts excess strain on your furnace, making it work extra to bring the temperature back up when it falls.
- Keep vents clean and clear so that air flow is not obstructed. Dust, dirt, and debris collect on, in, and around air vents and can impede and even block air flow. Make sure vents are opened all the way, nothing is blocking them, wipe them down, vacuum them out, and keep them as clean as possible so your furnace does not have to work harder to push warm air throughout your home.
- Listen for any funny noises when you turn your furnace on. Unusual sounds can indicate that the blower is not working properly and may need to be oiled. This is especially important if you do not schedule yearly inspections and maintenance on your furnace. If you hear strange sounds coming from your furnace, call an HVAC professional right away to get it checked out.
- Be alert to any smells that may be coming from your furnace. There is often a distinct smell when you turn the furnace on for the first time, which is to be expected when it has been sitting off for months at a time. However, strong or different odors, especially burning or singed smells, should not be ignored. Dust can build up on the burners, and may need to be cleaned off, or other debris may find its way in or around your furnace that needs to be removed.
- Call Ally1 when you need furnace repair services. Our trained technicians know how to find the problem and get it resolved so you do not have to go without heat during these cold winter months. We know you count on your furnace to keep your home warm and comfortable, and that is why you can count on us to take the best care of your furnace.