Saving on Energy Costs With HVAC Repair
Summer is here in Geneva, which means your HVAC system is working hard to keep your home nice and cool. When your HVAC is constantly running, energy costs can rise just like the temperature. Here are some tips you should follow that will help keep your home cool and comfortable while keeping energy costs as low as possible.
HVAC Repair In Geneva
- First things first, turn off the lights when you leave a room. It will also help you conserve energy if you turn off and unplug unused electronics.
- Keeps blinds closed during the day, or cover windows with curtains or drapes to keep the hot sun’s rays from coming through the glass.
- Keep doors and windows closed during the day to keep the cool air in and the warm air out.
- Open windows at night so cool air can get in, giving your AC unit a bit of a break.
- Keep your thermostat for the AC set at a comfortable and sustainable temperature, that way your HVAC system will not have to work as hard to quickly cool down your home – instead it will be able to just maintain a set temperature.
- Since the weather is warm, consider cooking more meals outside on the grill. You can reduce the heat in your home when you do not have to use your oven, which allows your AC to not have to work as hard.
- Use fans to help circulate the air throughout your home, moving cool air around.
- Make sure your air conditioner unit has good air flow around it on all sides, clear away and debris that may build up around it, and consider putting a shade cover over it.
- Make sure the seals around windows and doors are tight so that air cannot leak out or in around them.
- Check the ventilation in your attic – good ventilation keeps your home cooler. Make sure vents are not blocked, clogged, or dirty, and that they are allowing air to flow through them.
- Change your air conditioner’s air filter regularly so that air flow is not blocked or impeded.
- Keep up on regular maintenance of your HVAC system, and specifically your AC unit. Routine inspections by a trained professional can greatly improve the efficiency of your unit and help find and correct any potential problems that could affect how the entire HVAC system functions.
At All Season’s Heating and Cooling, we want to be sure that your HVAC system is functioning to the best of its ability so that your home can stay cool this summer. We offer HVAC repair services in Geneva and surrounding areas so that we can help find and resolve problems with your system that may be reducing the efficiency, using too much energy, or not keeping up with the demand. If your HVAC system is not working correctly, you need an inspection, or you want to make sure it doesn’t need any maintenance to make it through the rest of the summer, call All Seasons Heating & Cooling today.