- Seal windows/air leaks: One of the biggest sources of energy waste is heat or cool air that escapes through improperly sealed windows and gaps in the structure of your home.
- Install a programmable thermostat: You can pre-program your unit to shut off at certain times of day when you are not at home to better manage your heating/cooling systems for efficiently.
- Regular maintenance of your HVAC equipment: Many heaters and air conditioning units require yearly tune-ups to maintain efficiency and performance.
- Energy efficient appliances: Appliances with the ENERGY STAR® label can significant reduce energy usage by as much as 50%.
- Replace light bulbs: Replace incandescent bulbs with LEDs or fluorescent bulbs, which consumer far less energy and can last 10x longer.
- Conserve water: It takes a lot of energy to deliver water to a home. Install efficient showerheads, toilets, take showers instead of baths, and wash laundry with full loads to cut back on water usage.
- Turn off appliances and lighting when not in use: This can be as easy as turning off the light when you leave a room or turning off the TV when you are not watching it.
Creating an energy efficient home provides long-term benefits to the environment and to your wallet. You can make an impact today using these simple tips and improvements. For prompt, professional, and affordable HVAC service, call All Season’s Heating & Cooling in Naperville. We can also come to your Fox River Valley home or business or a surrounding community.