HVAC Repair – Geneva Residents Want To Know The Costs Up Front
We rely on our HVAC systems all year round in Geneva to keep our homes at a comfortable temperature. When something goes wrong though, and you find yourself sweating in the heat or freezing in the cold while inside your home, you may be in need of HVAC repair. Even when staying up-to-date on regular maintenance, while a great way to keep your unit functioning properly and efficiently, repairs may still be required for a number of reasons. At All Seasons Heating & Cooling, we make HVAC repairs easy, stress free, and affordable for our customers. Speaking of being affordable, most people have no idea what the cost of repair parts for an HVAC system are – which can leave you caught off guard when something goes wrong. We are going to break down some of the average repair costs of both air conditioners and furnaces so you can be ready and prepared if you need repairs done.
HVAC Repair in Geneva
For air conditioners, some of the most common things that needs to be repaired, and their respective costs, are: *keep in mind, these prices may vary and are only for parts, labor costs are not included*
- Air conditioning compressor repair hard start kit: If your air conditioning unit is having a hard time staying on or keeps shutting off intermittently, you may need to repair your compressor with a hard start kit. The average cost for this repair is between $100-$200.
- Air compressor repair: If the air compressor itself needs repaired, it is a more costly problem. Replacing an air compressor can run anywhere between $1300 and $2500 depending on your unit and model.
- One of the most common AC problems is when the capacitor malfunctions. Air capacitor replacements range from $90 to $500 depending on your model and unit.
- Over time and with use, the condensing fan will age and the motor may not operate efficiently, correctly, or even at all. Replacing the condensing unit fan motor can cost anywhere between $100 and $700.
Furnace repairs may be required over time in order for your unit to properly and efficiently heat your home. Here are some of the common costs associated with HVAC repairs for your furnace: *keep in mind, these prices may vary and are only for parts, labor costs are not included*
- The blower pipe may need to be replaced if your furnace is not working properly, which ranges anywhere between $400 and $1500.
- Along with the blower pipe, your furnace has a flue pipe that may need repairs or replacement. These also range in process and can run for as low as $400 to as much as $800.
- If the heat exchange is not working properly and needs repaired, you are looking at a lower cost of $100-$200.
- Another common furnace repair we see is oil entering the combustion chamber. Qualified repair technicians can typically fix this problem with costs of $200-$600.
- If the relay switch needs replaced, or you need the thermocouple repaired (both relatively simple and straightforward tasks), you should plan on the cost being between $100 and $300.
- One more common malfunction for furnaces is ignitor problems. A new ignitor ranges between $150 and $300.
While all the prices and costs may seem confusing or overwhelming, when you let All Seasons Heating & Cooling handle all your HVAC repair needs, you can rest assured that you are getting the most affordable solution to any air conditioner or furnace problems you may have.